Who Lives on Miami Beach’s North Bay Road?
If living in the lap of luxury is something that sounds appealing, North Bay Road and its impressive selection of luxury homes just might be for you.
What is the luxury real estate market like in North Bay Road?
One of Miami Beach’s most affluent areas, North Bay Road has drawn comparisons to other prestigious and high-profile locations, such as Park Avenue in New York City and Bel-Air and Beverly Hills in Los Angeles.
The majority of the houses for sale in North Bay Road are luxury estates fronting Biscayne Bay. These homes sit on large plots of land, have amazing views, and can fetch prices of up to $26.5 million, with some of the most in-demand homes attracting offers from multiple buyers.
North Bay Road’s famous residents
Because of North Bay Road’s exclusivity and fantastic luxury real estate offerings, it’s not surprising to learn that many high-profile individuals have bought homes in this quiet slice of Miami Beach.
Some of the most iconic celebrities who live on North Bay Road, Miami Beach include Hollywood actor Matt Damon. Damon, who is known for films like Good Will Hunting and The Martian, once owned a 7-bedroom home in the neighborhood. The property, which has been dubbed the “Maravilla,” dates to 1935 and sits on a double lot with around 170 feet of water frontage. It was bought by Damon in 2005 for $14.5 million, updated with a professional, gourmet kitchen, a 2-bedroom guest house, and a luxurious rooftop terrace. The property has since been sold for around $19 million.
Another Hollywood personality who lives on North Bay Road, Miami Beach is Jennifer Lopez. The iconic singer, who has been active in the entertainment industry for nearly 40 years, once owned a magnificent mansion in the area, although she has since sold it to fellow music icon Phil Collins for $33 million. The Mediterranean Revival mansion, which was built in 1929, spans 12,152 square feet and comes with luxurious amenities such as a private theater, a wine cellar, 200 feet of water frontage, and a 6,000-gallon koi pond.
Sports and Hollywood icon Dwayne Wade also previously owned a home in the area—a stunning 11,690-square-foot home complete with 6 bedrooms, 9 baths, a home theater, a pool, a dock, a wine room, and a basketball court. Purchased by Wade for $10 million back in 2010, the magnificent house has since been sold for $22 million.
What are the most expensive homes on North Bay Road?
North Bay Road is brimming with million-dollar homes. Some of the most expensive properties in the neighborhood include:
- 6396 N. Bay Road. Once owned by former Miami Heat player Chris Bosh, this waterfront estate was recently purchased by MoonPay co-founder and CEO Ivan Soto-Wright for $38 million. Developed in 2009 by the Miami-based architectural firm Touzet Studio, the 12,400-square-foot property has 7 bedrooms, 10 bathrooms, a gourmet kitchen, and high-end appliances and finishes. The home also features several luxury outdoor attractions, including an infinity pool, a boat dock, an outdoor kitchen, a gym, and a guesthouse.
- 6360 N. Bay Road. Designed and completed by the Chief Levy Fischman firm in 2018, Melvin Capital’s Gabriel Plotkin bought this property for $44 million in 2022. This ultra-luxe 9-bedroom waterfront property boasts several enviable features. These include a private dock, 112 feet of water frontage, a resort-style pool, and a built-in spa. The home, which sits on a 27,608-square-foot lot, also comes with a four-bedroom guesthouse and a tennis court.
Why are celebrities moving to North Bay Road?
One of the most sought-after neighborhoods in Miami Beach, North Bay Road owes its reputation to several factors. These include the following:
- Access to world-class amenities – North Bay Road residents have the best attractions on this side of South Florida within their reach. These include Bal Harbour Shops and its bevy of five-star restaurants and luxury boutiques.
- Amazing beachfront views – People who live on North Bay Road in Miami Beach enjoy amazing views of—as well as access to—Biscayne Bay. This makes the area desirable for those who want to make the most of the bay’s turquoise waters by joining activities such as yacht cruises.
- Spacious lots – Houses for sale in North Bay Road often sit on large lots, giving residents the freedom to expand their homes or add to their property. This provides buyers with more bang for their buck compared to similarly priced properties in other locations.
Experience luxury with The Jills Zeder Group
Join those who live on North Bay Road in Miami Beach by exploring your luxury real estate options in the area with The Jills Zeder Group.
The Jills Zeder Group specializes in some of the best luxury properties in South Florida. To date, the team has closed over $6 billion in total real estate sales in the region.